Manohar Parrikar calls Digambar Kamat his `guru`
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday paid a compliment to Congress leader and former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, calling him his "guru" in the matters pertaining to revenue and town and country planning.
"He is my guru in town and country planning and revenue," Parrikar said in the Legislative Assembly, when Kamat was speaking on demands for grants.
"I did not understand the revenue department earlier," the BJP leader said.
Parrikar interrupted Kamat during his speech, to say that the issues raised by the former chief minister were related to revenue department, and not town and country planning.
The Assembly today passed demands for grants for Town and Country planning, Information and Publicity, Planning, Statistics and Evaluation and Airport departments.
Kamat and Parrikar shared a good political equation till 2005 when the former left BJP to join Congress, resulting in the fall of Parrikar-led government.
Before the last Assembly polls, Parrikar had targeted Kamat, accusing him of involvement in illegal mining-related scams. The Public Accounts Committee of the Assembly, led by Parrikar, had indicted Kamat on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days