Manohar Parrikar calls Digambar Kamat his `guru`
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday paid a compliment to Congress leader and former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, calling him his "guru" in the matters pertaining to revenue and town and country planning.
"He is my guru in town and country planning and revenue," Parrikar said in the Legislative Assembly, when Kamat was speaking on demands for grants.
"I did not understand the revenue department earlier," the BJP leader said.
Parrikar interrupted Kamat during his speech, to say that the issues raised by the former chief minister were related to revenue department, and not town and country planning.
The Assembly today passed demands for grants for Town and Country planning, Information and Publicity, Planning, Statistics and Evaluation and Airport departments.
Kamat and Parrikar shared a good political equation till 2005 when the former left BJP to join Congress, resulting in the fall of Parrikar-led government.
Before the last Assembly polls, Parrikar had targeted Kamat, accusing him of involvement in illegal mining-related scams. The Public Accounts Committee of the Assembly, led by Parrikar, had indicted Kamat on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city