Margao blast case: NIA yet to get 25% of forensic reports
Panaji: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has told the local court that they are yet to receive 25 percent of the forensic test reports on the evidences collected related to Margao blast.
Public Prosecutor SB Faria told the sessions court yesterday that they are yet to get 25 percent results, which would be placed before the court once they are available.
Five people, linked to Sanatan Sanstha, are arrested for hatching the conspiracy of serial blast in Goa on October 16, last year.
In a blast at Margao, two people - Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, ferrying the explosives were killed.
Police`s Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) had defused two Improvised Explosive Devices at Sancoale, 20 kms away from Margao.
During the trial, the prosecution produced a report of a handwriting expert who identified the `On` and `Off` mark on switch of IED, allegedly written by Dhananjay Ashtekar,
another accused in the case.
The prosecution also produced a document allegedly signed by accused Vinayak Patil to procure a mobile Sim card. The card was procured by forging the signature of a woman.
Ashtekar`s lawyer, Sanjiv Punalkar argued that the handwriting expert`s report is manipulated due to constant political pressure on him.
He also pointed out that the alleged Sim card was never used by the accused for any purpose and hence does not make the material for the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?