Margao blast case: NIA yet to get 25% of forensic reports
Panaji: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has told the local court that they are yet to receive 25 percent of the forensic test reports on the evidences collected related to Margao blast.
Public Prosecutor SB Faria told the sessions court yesterday that they are yet to get 25 percent results, which would be placed before the court once they are available.
Five people, linked to Sanatan Sanstha, are arrested for hatching the conspiracy of serial blast in Goa on October 16, last year.
In a blast at Margao, two people - Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, ferrying the explosives were killed.
Police`s Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) had defused two Improvised Explosive Devices at Sancoale, 20 kms away from Margao.
During the trial, the prosecution produced a report of a handwriting expert who identified the `On` and `Off` mark on switch of IED, allegedly written by Dhananjay Ashtekar,
another accused in the case.
The prosecution also produced a document allegedly signed by accused Vinayak Patil to procure a mobile Sim card. The card was procured by forging the signature of a woman.
Ashtekar`s lawyer, Sanjiv Punalkar argued that the handwriting expert`s report is manipulated due to constant political pressure on him.
He also pointed out that the alleged Sim card was never used by the accused for any purpose and hence does not make the material for the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest