Margao blast case: NIA yet to get 25% of forensic reports
Panaji: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has told the local court that they are yet to receive 25 percent of the forensic test reports on the evidences collected related to Margao blast.
Public Prosecutor SB Faria told the sessions court yesterday that they are yet to get 25 percent results, which would be placed before the court once they are available.
Five people, linked to Sanatan Sanstha, are arrested for hatching the conspiracy of serial blast in Goa on October 16, last year.
In a blast at Margao, two people - Malgonda Patil and Yogesh Naik, ferrying the explosives were killed.
Police`s Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) had defused two Improvised Explosive Devices at Sancoale, 20 kms away from Margao.
During the trial, the prosecution produced a report of a handwriting expert who identified the `On` and `Off` mark on switch of IED, allegedly written by Dhananjay Ashtekar,
another accused in the case.
The prosecution also produced a document allegedly signed by accused Vinayak Patil to procure a mobile Sim card. The card was procured by forging the signature of a woman.
Ashtekar`s lawyer, Sanjiv Punalkar argued that the handwriting expert`s report is manipulated due to constant political pressure on him.
He also pointed out that the alleged Sim card was never used by the accused for any purpose and hence does not make the material for the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof