Margao blast: Three more suspects detained
Panaji: Three suspects have been detained in connection with the Margao blast from Baramati district of Maharashtra and brought to Goa, police said on Sunday.
They were detained from Baramati rural police station
jurisdiction and handed over the Goa police team last night,
Baramati police sources confirmed that they were detained
and not arrested by Goa police.
Two persons were killed on the blast on Diwali eve.
Two Sanatan Sanstha seekers were arrested by Goa police
yesterday for hatching a conspiracy to create panic in the
Superintendent of Police and spokesperson for Goa Police
Atmaram Deshpande, when contacted in Panaji, stated that there
have been no arrests besides the two yesterday.
However, he refused to comment on the detention of the
three at Baramati.
Sources in the department, however, confirmed that the
mobile SIM cards used by some suspects in the Margao blasts
were registered in the name of two persons detained in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter