Margao blast: Three more suspects detained
Panaji: Three suspects have been detained in connection with the Margao blast from Baramati district of Maharashtra and brought to Goa, police said on Sunday.
They were detained from Baramati rural police station
jurisdiction and handed over the Goa police team last night,
Baramati police sources confirmed that they were detained
and not arrested by Goa police.
Two persons were killed on the blast on Diwali eve.
Two Sanatan Sanstha seekers were arrested by Goa police
yesterday for hatching a conspiracy to create panic in the
Superintendent of Police and spokesperson for Goa Police
Atmaram Deshpande, when contacted in Panaji, stated that there
have been no arrests besides the two yesterday.
However, he refused to comment on the detention of the
three at Baramati.
Sources in the department, however, confirmed that the
mobile SIM cards used by some suspects in the Margao blasts
were registered in the name of two persons detained in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29