Margao blast: Three more suspects detained
Panaji: Three suspects have been detained in connection with the Margao blast from Baramati district of Maharashtra and brought to Goa, police said on Sunday.
They were detained from Baramati rural police station
jurisdiction and handed over the Goa police team last night,
Baramati police sources confirmed that they were detained
and not arrested by Goa police.
Two persons were killed on the blast on Diwali eve.
Two Sanatan Sanstha seekers were arrested by Goa police
yesterday for hatching a conspiracy to create panic in the
Superintendent of Police and spokesperson for Goa Police
Atmaram Deshpande, when contacted in Panaji, stated that there
have been no arrests besides the two yesterday.
However, he refused to comment on the detention of the
three at Baramati.
Sources in the department, however, confirmed that the
mobile SIM cards used by some suspects in the Margao blasts
were registered in the name of two persons detained in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city