MoEF suspends clearance of 93 mining leases in Goa
Panaji: The Union Ministry of Environment and Forest on Wednesday suspended the environment clearances (EC) of all the 93 mining leases in Goa asking the mine owners to submit the relevant documents.
The mine owners will have to submit their documents which are required for getting the environment clearances, Minister of Environment and Forest Jayanti Natarajan told mediapersons here today.
Justice M B Shah Commission, in its report on Goa`s illegal mining, had also pointed out that the ECs were given based on the wrong facts.
Natarajan said the ECs were given on the wrong facts submitted by the state government, which were not properly verified by the MoEF officials.
The minister said that she will go into every aspect of the ECs granted and if any of the official is found guilty, action would be taken against him.
"We will see that he is punished according to the law," she added.
Referring to the statement of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar that FIR would be filed against the former Congress chief ministers -- Pratapsingh Rane and Digambar Kamat, Natarajan alleged that Parrikar was involved in "political witch hunting".
Natarajan also claimed that Justice Shah Commission during their inquiry had not heard MoEF.
"Although Shah commission has referred to MoEF in its report, we were never heard. Therefore it was not possible for us to present our fact before the commission," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27