NGO threatens action against Ash, Bhansali
Panaji: Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s "Guzaarish" has run into a controversy ahead of its release, with an NGO taking objection to posters displayed across Mumbai, showing actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan smoking.
National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE) has threatened legal action against Aishwarya and the producer-director.
"The innumerable posters and banners of film `Guzaarish` displayed all over Mumbai shows Bollywood icon Aishwarya Rai smoking a cigarette.
There would be scores of other scenes which could be displayed to convey the storyline of the film. Yet the producer has chosen this particular one.
quiet oblivious to its after effect," NOTE India general
secretary Shekhar Salkar said.
Salkar, who had dragged Amitabh Bachchan to the high
court for similar offence during the promotion of "Family",
said a legal notice would be issued against Aishwarya and
Bhansali by Wednesday.
The NGO has demanded withdrawal of posters showing the
smoking scenes from the publicity campaign of the movie,
scheduled to release this Friday.
"The display of posters showing Aishwarya smoking
raises worries in our mind that such depictions could be
trend setter," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued