Pacheco breaks silence, asks Cong to respect alliance
Panaji: Breaking his silence over the
political crisis in Goa triggered by his proposed re-induction
in the Cabinet, controversial NCP legislator Fransisco Mickey
Pacheco on Monday said it is the prerogative of his party to make
him a minister and Congress should not interfere in it.
"It`s a prerogative of the Chief Minister to induct any
Minister if the Government is of single party. But here in
Goa, we have a pre-poll alliance with the Congress and hence
they should respect the views of NCP," he said today.
The tainted MLA is in the news after a group of Congress
legislators opposed his re-induction in the Cabinet on the
ground that he was facing criminal cases.
Congress General Secretary in-charge of Goa B K
Hariprasad has said the return of Pacheco would be problematic
for the party, which is heading a coalition government.
Pacheco, who had maintained silence over the issue for
nearly a fortnight, said he is surprised the way Congress
legislators "ganged up" against him.
"They talk of a murder case against me. It`s a fabricated
case. The way everyone ganged up against me proves that they
are afraid of my presence in the Cabinet," the former Tourism
Pacheco stepped down in June after his name was embroiled
in the controversy related to death of his friend Nadia
Torrado. The 46-year-old lawmaker said his re-induction has
been decided by NCP high command after much deliberation.
"I am thankful to NCP high command for selecting my name
for Ministership," he said, adding Congress will have to
respect NCP as the two political parties are allies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price