Pacheco breaks silence, asks Cong to respect alliance
Panaji: Breaking his silence over the
political crisis in Goa triggered by his proposed re-induction
in the Cabinet, controversial NCP legislator Fransisco Mickey
Pacheco on Monday said it is the prerogative of his party to make
him a minister and Congress should not interfere in it.
"It`s a prerogative of the Chief Minister to induct any
Minister if the Government is of single party. But here in
Goa, we have a pre-poll alliance with the Congress and hence
they should respect the views of NCP," he said today.
The tainted MLA is in the news after a group of Congress
legislators opposed his re-induction in the Cabinet on the
ground that he was facing criminal cases.
Congress General Secretary in-charge of Goa B K
Hariprasad has said the return of Pacheco would be problematic
for the party, which is heading a coalition government.
Pacheco, who had maintained silence over the issue for
nearly a fortnight, said he is surprised the way Congress
legislators "ganged up" against him.
"They talk of a murder case against me. It`s a fabricated
case. The way everyone ganged up against me proves that they
are afraid of my presence in the Cabinet," the former Tourism
Pacheco stepped down in June after his name was embroiled
in the controversy related to death of his friend Nadia
Torrado. The 46-year-old lawmaker said his re-induction has
been decided by NCP high command after much deliberation.
"I am thankful to NCP high command for selecting my name
for Ministership," he said, adding Congress will have to
respect NCP as the two political parties are allies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India