Pacheco case: Lawyer Amit Palekar withdraws
Panaji: Amit Palekar, lawyer of former Goa
Tourism Minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco arrested in
connection with the death of his close friend Nadia Torrado,
has withdrawn from the case.
"I have decided not to fight Pacheco`s case henceforth,"
Palekar told agency.
The former minister is expected to move bail petition
before sessions court.
Pacheco was arrested on July 8 after he surrendered on
July 3 and remained hospitalized. Nadia had consumed poison on
May 15 and subsequently had died on May 30 after being treated
at various hospitals in Goa, Thane and Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest