Police rescue 14 bar girls from a pub in Goa
Panaji: Police rescued 14 sex workers
double up as bar girls after raiding a pub in Calangute here,
and seized a cash of Rs 1.5 lakh, sources said on Moday.
The girls, who were allegedly forced to do immoral
acts, hailed from Nepal, West Bengal and from the coastal
state, they said.
The raid, conducted in the wee hours on Monday, was
supervised personally by the state DGP Aditya Arya, while
representatives of a local NGO accompanied police, sources
"DGP personally joined the raid which was conducted
between 12.30-12.40 am," a senior police official said.
The rescued girls would double up as sex workers at
the pub which was being run without valid license, he said.
After closure of dance bars in Mumbai, the bar girls
are increasingly being pushed into flesh trade in the pubs
located at various places along the North Goa coastline.
The concerned pub had valid license to serve liquor
till March 2011 but had not renewed it.
"There was loud music being played at the pub till mid
night by a disk jockey," police said.
The pub was in the news recently over a drunken brawl,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali