Pre-audit of foreign junkets in Goa
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said the state government will have a pre-audit of expenses of the official junkets abroad in future.
"I will follow the procedure for all the foreign trips in future. All the foreign trips would be brought under pre-audit for the expenditure," Parrikar said on the legislative assembly session.
He was replying to allegations of unnecessary junkets.
Independent MLA Vijay Sardesai said crores of rupees had been wasted over foreign jaunts. Rs 55 lakh were spent on merely a dinner at Moscow by Goa government.
Parrikar said the state cabinet had already passed a resolution stopping foreign trips till guidelines are framed.
Taking a dig at the previous Congress-led government, the Chief Minister said he would also investigate expenditure on the foreign trips between 2007-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested