Pre-audit of foreign junkets in Goa
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said the state government will have a pre-audit of expenses of the official junkets abroad in future.
"I will follow the procedure for all the foreign trips in future. All the foreign trips would be brought under pre-audit for the expenditure," Parrikar said on the legislative assembly session.
He was replying to allegations of unnecessary junkets.
Independent MLA Vijay Sardesai said crores of rupees had been wasted over foreign jaunts. Rs 55 lakh were spent on merely a dinner at Moscow by Goa government.
Parrikar said the state cabinet had already passed a resolution stopping foreign trips till guidelines are framed.
Taking a dig at the previous Congress-led government, the Chief Minister said he would also investigate expenditure on the foreign trips between 2007-2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?