SC to hear plea on resumption of iron ore mining in Goa
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A plea seeking lifting of the ban on iron ore mining in Goa is likely to come up for hearing in the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Mining in Goa has been banned since October 2012 after a report by the Justice MB Shah Commission revealed rampant illegal mining.
The commission had found "serious illegalities and irregularities" in mining operations.
Meanwhile, Goa Mining People`s Front held a week-long bandh in Goa`s mining belt in August 2013, seeking immediate resumption of mining in the state.
Mining companies had also been restrained from exporting and selling ores which has already been extracted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands