SC to hear plea on resumption of iron ore mining in Goa
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A plea seeking lifting of the ban on iron ore mining in Goa is likely to come up for hearing in the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Mining in Goa has been banned since October 2012 after a report by the Justice MB Shah Commission revealed rampant illegal mining.
The commission had found "serious illegalities and irregularities" in mining operations.
Meanwhile, Goa Mining People`s Front held a week-long bandh in Goa`s mining belt in August 2013, seeking immediate resumption of mining in the state.
Mining companies had also been restrained from exporting and selling ores which has already been extracted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised