Security to be heightened on Margao blast anniversary
Panaji: Security arrangements will be
tightened across Goa on October 16, marking the anniversary
for Margao bomb blast, police said on Tuesday.
Police spokesman Atmaram Deshpande said although there
are no specific inputs of anything planned on the day, which
happens to be Saturday, the security is a part of precautions.
Margao had witnessed a blast on October 16 last
year on the eve of Diwali.
"This year, we will also have heightened security on
November 4, which is Diwali eve," Deshpande said adding
throughout Diwali the security will be high in the state.
Six persons, owing allegiance to Sanatan Sanstha,
were arrested after the blast that killed two in Margao town.
Police had defused two more Improvised Explosive
Devices (IEDs) at Verna, 20 kms away from Margao averting a
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing
the blast in their charge sheet, had said that the blasts were
to protest against the act of glorifying `Narakasur`, a demon.
Huge effigies of `Narakasur` are taken out in a
procession on Diwali eve in the state, and later burnt.
Sanatan Sanstha has been propagating against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands