Security to be heightened on Margao blast anniversary
Panaji: Security arrangements will be
tightened across Goa on October 16, marking the anniversary
for Margao bomb blast, police said on Tuesday.
Police spokesman Atmaram Deshpande said although there
are no specific inputs of anything planned on the day, which
happens to be Saturday, the security is a part of precautions.
Margao had witnessed a blast on October 16 last
year on the eve of Diwali.
"This year, we will also have heightened security on
November 4, which is Diwali eve," Deshpande said adding
throughout Diwali the security will be high in the state.
Six persons, owing allegiance to Sanatan Sanstha,
were arrested after the blast that killed two in Margao town.
Police had defused two more Improvised Explosive
Devices (IEDs) at Verna, 20 kms away from Margao averting a
The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is probing
the blast in their charge sheet, had said that the blasts were
to protest against the act of glorifying `Narakasur`, a demon.
Huge effigies of `Narakasur` are taken out in a
procession on Diwali eve in the state, and later burnt.
Sanatan Sanstha has been propagating against the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29