Tejpal seeks info on expenses to prosecute him in rape case
Panaji: Tehelka Founder Editor Tarun Tejpal who has been chargesheeted for raping a junior woman colleague in Goa last year has sought information under Right to Information (RTI) relating to the money spent on the entire exercise of investigating and prosecuting him in the case.
Tejpal has filed an application in this regard with Goa police listing four questions, a senior police officer told PTI today.
He said that Tejpal`s application is being scrutinised, on the grounds whether the information sought by him can be given under RTI act.
The 50-year-old journalist has sought to know how much money was spent by the state government to pay for the Special Public Prosecutor, for fighting the case against him in various courts, including Goa Bench of Bombay High Court.
He has also inquired about the number of lawyers those were engaged by the state government in this case.
Tejpal who was arrested on November 30 was denied bail by the sessions and High Court. He has now moved the Supreme Court for bail.
"The RTI also seeks to know as to how many police officers or officials were assigned to investigate the charges of rape against him," a senior official said, adding he has also asked for the details of traveling and other miscellaneous expenses incurred by the officials, traveling between Goa-Mumbai and Goa-Delhi to gather evidence against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India