Tourist rescued from drowning at Goa beach
Panaji: A tourist from Himachal Pradesh was rescued from drowning at Goa`s Baga beach by lifeguards.
"Suresh Kumar (21) was rescued by lifeguards from the sea off the beach yesterday while he was struggling to stay afloat," a lifeguard said.
Kumar, along with two friends, had ventured into the sea ignoring warnings by lifeguards posted at the beach, he said.
"Lifeguards warned them about the possible danger, but the tourists did not pay any heed. Suddenly, a lifeguard at the same point spotted some unusual behaviour of one of the youths. He was showing symptoms of epilepsy," according to an eyewitness.
With Kumar facing the inevitable, a lifeguard Vishram Parab rushed to him with the rescue tube while a patrolling Jet Ski also arrived at the spot around the same time.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby primary health centre, where he is recovering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter