Tourist rescued from drowning at Goa beach
Panaji: A tourist from Himachal Pradesh was rescued from drowning at Goa`s Baga beach by lifeguards.
"Suresh Kumar (21) was rescued by lifeguards from the sea off the beach yesterday while he was struggling to stay afloat," a lifeguard said.
Kumar, along with two friends, had ventured into the sea ignoring warnings by lifeguards posted at the beach, he said.
"Lifeguards warned them about the possible danger, but the tourists did not pay any heed. Suddenly, a lifeguard at the same point spotted some unusual behaviour of one of the youths. He was showing symptoms of epilepsy," according to an eyewitness.
With Kumar facing the inevitable, a lifeguard Vishram Parab rushed to him with the rescue tube while a patrolling Jet Ski also arrived at the spot around the same time.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby primary health centre, where he is recovering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi