Tourist rescued from drowning at Goa beach
Panaji: A tourist from Himachal Pradesh was rescued from drowning at Goa`s Baga beach by lifeguards.
"Suresh Kumar (21) was rescued by lifeguards from the sea off the beach yesterday while he was struggling to stay afloat," a lifeguard said.
Kumar, along with two friends, had ventured into the sea ignoring warnings by lifeguards posted at the beach, he said.
"Lifeguards warned them about the possible danger, but the tourists did not pay any heed. Suddenly, a lifeguard at the same point spotted some unusual behaviour of one of the youths. He was showing symptoms of epilepsy," according to an eyewitness.
With Kumar facing the inevitable, a lifeguard Vishram Parab rushed to him with the rescue tube while a patrolling Jet Ski also arrived at the spot around the same time.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby primary health centre, where he is recovering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing