Tourist rescued from drowning at Goa beach
Panaji: A tourist from Himachal Pradesh was rescued from drowning at Goa`s Baga beach by lifeguards.
"Suresh Kumar (21) was rescued by lifeguards from the sea off the beach yesterday while he was struggling to stay afloat," a lifeguard said.
Kumar, along with two friends, had ventured into the sea ignoring warnings by lifeguards posted at the beach, he said.
"Lifeguards warned them about the possible danger, but the tourists did not pay any heed. Suddenly, a lifeguard at the same point spotted some unusual behaviour of one of the youths. He was showing symptoms of epilepsy," according to an eyewitness.
With Kumar facing the inevitable, a lifeguard Vishram Parab rushed to him with the rescue tube while a patrolling Jet Ski also arrived at the spot around the same time.
Kumar was rushed to a nearby primary health centre, where he is recovering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'