Twenty children rescued from circus in Goa
Panaji: Twenty children were rescued late Friday after police raided a travelling circus in the state, police said on Saturday.
Police raided the camp in Margao, 35 km from Panaji, after a girl complaint accused the circus manager of raping her.
"The children were being made to work as acrobats and helpers in the circus," a police official from the Goa Police Women`s police station said.
The rescued children have been sent to Apna Gar, a state-run Children`s Home near Panaji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31