Twenty children rescued from circus in Goa
Panaji: Twenty children were rescued late Friday after police raided a travelling circus in the state, police said on Saturday.
Police raided the camp in Margao, 35 km from Panaji, after a girl complaint accused the circus manager of raping her.
"The children were being made to work as acrobats and helpers in the circus," a police official from the Goa Police Women`s police station said.
The rescued children have been sent to Apna Gar, a state-run Children`s Home near Panaji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged