22 sailors from Gujarat missing since March 21
Jamnagar: As many as 22 sailors from here
have been missing since March 21, after they set sail for
Somalia from Mumbai port with a consignment of sugar in a
vessel called Shivam, a local association of sailors said.
"The family members of 18 sailors from Salaya taluka
and four from Porbander are worried as their bread winners
have been missing since over 10 days," secretary of Salaya
Vahanvati Association Adam Bhaya said today.
According to Bhaya, the 22 sailors had left Mumbai
port on March 14 with a consignment of 2200 tonnes of sugar
which was to be delivered in Somalia. They were taking the
consignment in a cargo vessel `Shivam`, he said.
The vessel`s captain Jaku Bhaya and 21 others had last
contacted their families on March 21, and since then there has
been no message from them, he said.
According to local police, the association has
informed the Pakistan Coast Guard and the Somalian port about
the missing sailors.
Search is on in the Arabian sea for the missing
sailors and the vessel by various agencies, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July'15'
- Anurag Kashyap, Nawazuddin turn RJs to promote film
- Kurdish-Arab forces enter IS Syria bastion of Manbij: Monitor
- Indian, Pakistani soldiers clashed during retreat ceremony on border in Punjab – video goes viral
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'