Accused BJP MP goes underground in RTI activist murder case
Ahmedabad: BJP MP Dinubhai Boghabhai Solanki, the man suspected to be behind the murder of Right to Information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa is reported to be underground just 24-hours after the incident.
Amit Jethwa`s father Bhiku Jethwa had accused Solanki for the murder, as he claimed that his son had recently filed an RTI application and PIL in the Gujarat High Court against Solanki.
"I believe that Dinu Solanki is behind the killing of my son. He had many times threatened me also on phone," said Bhiku Jethwa in his interaction with the media on Wednesday.
Prominent RTI activist Amit Jethwa was shot dead by unidentified assailants near the Gujarat High Court on Tuesday night.
Jethwa was campaigning against alleged illegal mining in the Gir Sanctuary in Saurashtra, which is allegedly backed by some politicians.
Jethwa had filed a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in the High Court, which alleged that mining activities were being carried out in the Una and Kodinar areas of Saurashtra with the support of Junagadh BJP MP Solanki and his relatives.
Jethwa had further alleged that the Solankis were also running illegal mines and stone crushers in a village on the border of the Gir forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack