‘Ad goof up’ leaves Gujarat govt red-faced
New Delhi: The full-page advertisements in Patna newspapers hailing Narendra Modi could actually spell trouble for the Gujarat Chief Minister.
The Gujarat government had published the advertisements in Patna newspapers hailing Modi as the emancipator of the state`s Muslims. The ad showed burqa-clad girls working on computers in a bid to highlight that the minority community in Gujarat are faring better than those elsewhere.
However, it has emerged that the girls working on computers actually belong to a college in Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, not to Gujarat.
The reports claim that the picture was taken from a US website without its permission. Now the website, allegedly run by Indian Muslims, is planning to sue the Gujarat government for copyright violation.
Modi is attending BJP National Executive meeting in Bihar.
Dismissing the allegation, a senior official in the Gujarat government has passed on the blame on the advertisement agency which was handling the job of preparing the copy.
He further said that the advertisement never claimed that the girls were from Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you