BJP declares candidates for Gujarat bypolls
Ahmedabad: The BJP on Tuesday declared the names of its candidates for two Lok Sabha and four Assembly by-elections in Gujarat.
The party has given a ticket to Vithhal Radadia for the Porbandar Lok Sabha seat which fell vacant because Radadia, who was Congress MP from that constituency had resigned after his win from Dhoraji Assembly seat.
Radadia, who was also embroiled in a controversy for brandishing a gun at a toll both, had left the Congress party along with his son Jayesh to join the BJP.
The BJP has given a ticket to its former MP Haribhai Chaudhary for the Banaskantha Lok Sabha seat, where bye-elections were announced after the death of sitting Congress MP Mukesh Gadhvi earlier this year.
Jayesh Radadia, who had resigned as an MLA from Jetpur Assembly seat, got renominated for the same seat and this time he will contest from it as a BJP candidate.
From the Limbadi Assembly seat, the BJP has fielded former Minister of State for Forests Kiritsinh Rana, who had lost to Congress MP from Surendranagar Soma Patel with a slender margin in the last parliamentary elections.
Patel had retained his Lok Sabha seat and resigned as an MLA which has resulted in bypoll to this seat.
At the Dhoraji Assembly seat, which fell vacant due to the resignation of Vithhal Radadia, the BJP has nominated Pravin Mankadia, who is also a former MLA from Upleta and a local leader from the Patidar (Patel) community.
For Morva Hadaf (scheduled tribe reserved) assembly seat in Panchmahal, the party has chosen Nimisha Sudhar.
Polling for the Lok Sabha and assembly seats will be held on June 2 and counting will begin on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February