BJP declares candidates for Gujarat bypolls
Ahmedabad: The BJP on Tuesday declared the names of its candidates for two Lok Sabha and four Assembly by-elections in Gujarat.
The party has given a ticket to Vithhal Radadia for the Porbandar Lok Sabha seat which fell vacant because Radadia, who was Congress MP from that constituency had resigned after his win from Dhoraji Assembly seat.
Radadia, who was also embroiled in a controversy for brandishing a gun at a toll both, had left the Congress party along with his son Jayesh to join the BJP.
The BJP has given a ticket to its former MP Haribhai Chaudhary for the Banaskantha Lok Sabha seat, where bye-elections were announced after the death of sitting Congress MP Mukesh Gadhvi earlier this year.
Jayesh Radadia, who had resigned as an MLA from Jetpur Assembly seat, got renominated for the same seat and this time he will contest from it as a BJP candidate.
From the Limbadi Assembly seat, the BJP has fielded former Minister of State for Forests Kiritsinh Rana, who had lost to Congress MP from Surendranagar Soma Patel with a slender margin in the last parliamentary elections.
Patel had retained his Lok Sabha seat and resigned as an MLA which has resulted in bypoll to this seat.
At the Dhoraji Assembly seat, which fell vacant due to the resignation of Vithhal Radadia, the BJP has nominated Pravin Mankadia, who is also a former MLA from Upleta and a local leader from the Patidar (Patel) community.
For Morva Hadaf (scheduled tribe reserved) assembly seat in Panchmahal, the party has chosen Nimisha Sudhar.
Polling for the Lok Sabha and assembly seats will be held on June 2 and counting will begin on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya
- JNU rape case: Accused Anmol Ratan to be produced before court today
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami