BJP declares candidates for Gujarat bypolls
Ahmedabad: The BJP on Tuesday declared the names of its candidates for two Lok Sabha and four Assembly by-elections in Gujarat.
The party has given a ticket to Vithhal Radadia for the Porbandar Lok Sabha seat which fell vacant because Radadia, who was Congress MP from that constituency had resigned after his win from Dhoraji Assembly seat.
Radadia, who was also embroiled in a controversy for brandishing a gun at a toll both, had left the Congress party along with his son Jayesh to join the BJP.
The BJP has given a ticket to its former MP Haribhai Chaudhary for the Banaskantha Lok Sabha seat, where bye-elections were announced after the death of sitting Congress MP Mukesh Gadhvi earlier this year.
Jayesh Radadia, who had resigned as an MLA from Jetpur Assembly seat, got renominated for the same seat and this time he will contest from it as a BJP candidate.
From the Limbadi Assembly seat, the BJP has fielded former Minister of State for Forests Kiritsinh Rana, who had lost to Congress MP from Surendranagar Soma Patel with a slender margin in the last parliamentary elections.
Patel had retained his Lok Sabha seat and resigned as an MLA which has resulted in bypoll to this seat.
At the Dhoraji Assembly seat, which fell vacant due to the resignation of Vithhal Radadia, the BJP has nominated Pravin Mankadia, who is also a former MLA from Upleta and a local leader from the Patidar (Patel) community.
For Morva Hadaf (scheduled tribe reserved) assembly seat in Panchmahal, the party has chosen Nimisha Sudhar.
Polling for the Lok Sabha and assembly seats will be held on June 2 and counting will begin on June 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical