BJP MLA invites Delhi CM to live in `safe Gujarat`
Gandhinagar: Discussions in Gujarat Assembly on budgetary provisions for Women and Child Development Ministry on Wednesday took an interesting turn with the BJP MLA from Khambhalia Poonam Madam, inviting Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to live in `safer` Gujarat.
Women MLAs from the Opposition Congress Tejashree Patel and Kamini Rathod had earlier spoken about deteriorating law and order situation in Gujarat, and alleged that no financial help was being provided to victims of sexual assault.
Rathod also said that a large number of women in the state were anaemic, and many children were malnourished. Gujarat was number one not in development but in crime, she alleged.
In her counter-attack, Madam said in her speech that the Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had admitted in an interview that the national capital was not safe for women.
"I invite Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit, who has admitted the fact that the national capital is not safe for women, to live in safe Gujarat," said Madam, who is a niece of Congress MP from Jamnagar, Vikram
Citing a finding of Tata Strategic Management Group, she said that Gujarat was one of the most secure states for women, while Delhi and other Northern states ranked lowest on `Female Security Index`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31