BJP MLA invites Delhi CM to live in `safe Gujarat`
Gandhinagar: Discussions in Gujarat Assembly on budgetary provisions for Women and Child Development Ministry on Wednesday took an interesting turn with the BJP MLA from Khambhalia Poonam Madam, inviting Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit to live in `safer` Gujarat.
Women MLAs from the Opposition Congress Tejashree Patel and Kamini Rathod had earlier spoken about deteriorating law and order situation in Gujarat, and alleged that no financial help was being provided to victims of sexual assault.
Rathod also said that a large number of women in the state were anaemic, and many children were malnourished. Gujarat was number one not in development but in crime, she alleged.
In her counter-attack, Madam said in her speech that the Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had admitted in an interview that the national capital was not safe for women.
"I invite Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit, who has admitted the fact that the national capital is not safe for women, to live in safe Gujarat," said Madam, who is a niece of Congress MP from Jamnagar, Vikram
Citing a finding of Tata Strategic Management Group, she said that Gujarat was one of the most secure states for women, while Delhi and other Northern states ranked lowest on `Female Security Index`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand