Brain mapping on Malegaon blast accused soon
Mumbai: Brain mapping and polygraph tests on
the nine accused in the 2006 Malegaon blast case, will be conducted in Gujarat, sources said.
The accused have been taken to Gujarat after the special
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court
approved the schedule submitted by the National Investigating
Sources said that the accused have been taken to the
Directorate of Forensic Sciences in Gandhinagar on August 23
in different batches to facilitate conducting the tests. They
added that it would take a month`s time to complete the tests.
Earlier, the NIA had moved an application in the special
MCOCA court for conducting these tests after nine accused in
the case gave their consent to conduct tests on them.
The NIA had said that it sought tests, as some new facts
had come into light and also to check it with the accused by
conducting the tests.
The Malegaon 2006 blasts took place near the Hamidia
Mosque in the Bada Kabristanat around 1:15 pm on Friday on
September 8, 2006, after the prayers of the Shab-e-Barat. It
killed 37 people and injured more than 100.
The police arrested nine accused - Salman Farsi, Shabir
Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan,
Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed-for their
alleged involvement in the blast.
In December 2006 the case was handed over to the CBI and
later NIA took over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price