Brain mapping on Malegaon blast accused soon
Mumbai: Brain mapping and polygraph tests on
the nine accused in the 2006 Malegaon blast case, will be conducted in Gujarat, sources said.
The accused have been taken to Gujarat after the special
Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court
approved the schedule submitted by the National Investigating
Sources said that the accused have been taken to the
Directorate of Forensic Sciences in Gandhinagar on August 23
in different batches to facilitate conducting the tests. They
added that it would take a month`s time to complete the tests.
Earlier, the NIA had moved an application in the special
MCOCA court for conducting these tests after nine accused in
the case gave their consent to conduct tests on them.
The NIA had said that it sought tests, as some new facts
had come into light and also to check it with the accused by
conducting the tests.
The Malegaon 2006 blasts took place near the Hamidia
Mosque in the Bada Kabristanat around 1:15 pm on Friday on
September 8, 2006, after the prayers of the Shab-e-Barat. It
killed 37 people and injured more than 100.
The police arrested nine accused - Salman Farsi, Shabir
Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan,
Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed-for their
alleged involvement in the blast.
In December 2006 the case was handed over to the CBI and
later NIA took over the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video