Cong members walk out of House after suspension of four MLAs
Gandhinagar: Congress members today walked out of the Gujarat Assembly after four of the party MLAs were suspended for a day by Speaker when they insisted on a discussion over law and order situation in the state.
Congress MLAs Chandrika Baria and Mahendrasinh Bariya today rushed to the well of the House and demanded discussion in the zero hour on the issue of crime against women and general law and order situation in the state.
Other Congress MLAs Tejasvini Patel and Kamani Rathod also joined the demand saying that crime against women has increased in the state. Speaker Vaju Vala refused to give permission saying it was against the tradition of the House to take up any issue without giving prior notice and approval of the concerned minister.
However, the MLAs insisted that they wanted a discussion on the issue, which led to arguments. The Speaker suspended the four MLAs who persisted with the demand for discussion on the subject.
Marshalls were called to evict the four members out of the House. Leader of Opposition Shankarsinh Vaghela said Congress registered its protest by walking out of the House as an important issue like law and order situation was not allowed to be discussed in the House. All the Congress MLAs then walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof