Cong members walk out of House after suspension of four MLAs
Gandhinagar: Congress members today walked out of the Gujarat Assembly after four of the party MLAs were suspended for a day by Speaker when they insisted on a discussion over law and order situation in the state.
Congress MLAs Chandrika Baria and Mahendrasinh Bariya today rushed to the well of the House and demanded discussion in the zero hour on the issue of crime against women and general law and order situation in the state.
Other Congress MLAs Tejasvini Patel and Kamani Rathod also joined the demand saying that crime against women has increased in the state. Speaker Vaju Vala refused to give permission saying it was against the tradition of the House to take up any issue without giving prior notice and approval of the concerned minister.
However, the MLAs insisted that they wanted a discussion on the issue, which led to arguments. The Speaker suspended the four MLAs who persisted with the demand for discussion on the subject.
Marshalls were called to evict the four members out of the House. Leader of Opposition Shankarsinh Vaghela said Congress registered its protest by walking out of the House as an important issue like law and order situation was not allowed to be discussed in the House. All the Congress MLAs then walked out of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly