Cong plans rallies to `expose` Modi in 2012 polls
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress will take out as many as six rallies from the next month to spread awareness about Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s "misrule" ahead of the December 2012 polls, a top party functionary said on Friday.
"We have decided to take out Sardar Sandesh Yatras,
named after Vallabhbhai Patel, from January 2 from different
parts of the state, which will be led by our state leaders,"
Gujarat unit Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said, adding
the rallies will culminate in Anand district on January 13.
"The yatras are against the BJP which is trying to
enchash the name of Sardar Patel. Their workers recently even
climbed on the statue of Sardar Patel for putting up of
hoarding of LK Advani during his Jan Chetna Yatra," he
Meanwhile, Congress`s 2012 Election Committee chairman
Shankarsinh Vaghela said, "the yatra will pass through 160
Assembly constituencies where party leaders will come in
direct contact with people".
The rallies will expose BJP`s double standards on
their claims that they are true followers of Sardar
Vallabhbhai Patel, he said.
Without naming Modi, he said,"some BJP leaders prefer
that they are compared to Sardar (Patel) and even make their
followers call them `Chhote Sardar`".
"We will expose the BJP, and all its claims of
development under Modi`s rule. We will also advocate change of
regime during the yatra," Vhaghela added.
The rallies will be taken out from Bardoli, Somnath,
Porbandar, Mansa and two from the city itself.
Congress leaders comprising Modhwadia, Vaghela, Leader
of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, former state president
Siddarth Patel, former deputy-chief minister Narhari Amin and
Union minster of state for road and transport Tushar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?