Congress, BJP councillors get into fist fight
Kutch: A fist fight broke out between BJP and Congress councillors as well as their supporters during a general body meeting of Bhuj municipality here on Thursday.
After the incident, police protection has been provided at the residences of leaders of both parties.
Before the general body meeting began, a consensus had been arrived at, that only elected municipal councillors would participate and supporters would not be allowed to do so.
However, BJP leader Parakramsinh Jadeja`s supporters attended the meeting, which infuriated Congress leader Hamid Bhatti, who objected to their presence.
Soon, a fist fight broke out between supporters of both the leaders and the meeting had to be conducted under police protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video