Congress, BJP councillors get into fist fight
Kutch: A fist fight broke out between BJP and Congress councillors as well as their supporters during a general body meeting of Bhuj municipality here on Thursday.
After the incident, police protection has been provided at the residences of leaders of both parties.
Before the general body meeting began, a consensus had been arrived at, that only elected municipal councillors would participate and supporters would not be allowed to do so.
However, BJP leader Parakramsinh Jadeja`s supporters attended the meeting, which infuriated Congress leader Hamid Bhatti, who objected to their presence.
Soon, a fist fight broke out between supporters of both the leaders and the meeting had to be conducted under police protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what