Don’t give Gulberg report copies: SIT to court
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) Monday objected to a plea by social activist Teesta Setalvad and Mukul Sinha seeking a copy of SIT’s final report in the Gulberg society case.
The SIT told the metropolitan magistrate court that Setelvad and Sinha have no locus standi to seek the report which has been submitted in the court.
“It is not right to share copies of the report at this stage,” the SIT told the court, as per reports.
The Supreme Court-appointed SIT had last week filed the final report in a sealed cover on the complaint by Zakia Jafri, wife of ex-Congress MP Eshan Jafri who was among the 69 persons killed in the Gulberg Housing society riots. Around 1,200 people were killed in the post-Godhra communal riots in the State.
Jafri in her complaint had sought prosecution of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, along with 57 others, for aiding and abetting communal riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert