Don’t give Gulberg report copies: SIT to court
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) Monday objected to a plea by social activist Teesta Setalvad and Mukul Sinha seeking a copy of SIT’s final report in the Gulberg society case.
The SIT told the metropolitan magistrate court that Setelvad and Sinha have no locus standi to seek the report which has been submitted in the court.
“It is not right to share copies of the report at this stage,” the SIT told the court, as per reports.
The Supreme Court-appointed SIT had last week filed the final report in a sealed cover on the complaint by Zakia Jafri, wife of ex-Congress MP Eshan Jafri who was among the 69 persons killed in the Gulberg Housing society riots. Around 1,200 people were killed in the post-Godhra communal riots in the State.
Jafri in her complaint had sought prosecution of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, along with 57 others, for aiding and abetting communal riots.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels