Don’t give Gulberg report copies: SIT to court
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) Monday objected to a plea by social activist Teesta Setalvad and Mukul Sinha seeking a copy of SIT’s final report in the Gulberg society case.
The SIT told the metropolitan magistrate court that Setelvad and Sinha have no locus standi to seek the report which has been submitted in the court.
“It is not right to share copies of the report at this stage,” the SIT told the court, as per reports.
The Supreme Court-appointed SIT had last week filed the final report in a sealed cover on the complaint by Zakia Jafri, wife of ex-Congress MP Eshan Jafri who was among the 69 persons killed in the Gulberg Housing society riots. Around 1,200 people were killed in the post-Godhra communal riots in the State.
Jafri in her complaint had sought prosecution of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, along with 57 others, for aiding and abetting communal riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state