Embattled Trivedi finds support in Gujarat
Vadodara: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi,
who is in the line of fire of Trinamool Congress chief Mamta
Banerjee, has found support from organizations in his home
district of Kutch in Gujarat.
Trivedi, who is settled in West Bengal, hails from
Bidada village of Mandvi taluka in Kutch district.
Enraged over "humiliating" treatment being meted out to
the Railway Minister by TMC chief Mamata Banerjee, the local
organisations in Kutch district have joined hands to raise
their pitch in support of Trivedi.
"What is the fault of Trivedi who presented a historic
budget and proposed hike in fares for safety and providing
more facilities to passengers travelling by trains across
the country"? said Rajesh Bhatt, president of Kutch Chamber of
Commerce and Industries and Komal Chheda, former president of
Kutch Yuvak Sangh.
"Will it be possible for West Bengal chief minister
Mamata Banerjee to run her government without raising revenues
and hiking taxes"? they said taking a dig at the West Bengal
It is not expected from the leader of the stature of
Mamata Banerjee who has faxed a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh demanding dismissal of Trivedi from the
cabinet, they said.
Mamata had written to the Prime Minister seeking the
replacement of Trivedi with another party nominee Mukul Roy,
Union Minister of State for Shipping.
The local organisations have formed a front under
"Kutchh Lokhit Samiti" in protest against Mamata`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda