Embattled Trivedi finds support in Gujarat
Vadodara: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi,
who is in the line of fire of Trinamool Congress chief Mamta
Banerjee, has found support from organizations in his home
district of Kutch in Gujarat.
Trivedi, who is settled in West Bengal, hails from
Bidada village of Mandvi taluka in Kutch district.
Enraged over "humiliating" treatment being meted out to
the Railway Minister by TMC chief Mamata Banerjee, the local
organisations in Kutch district have joined hands to raise
their pitch in support of Trivedi.
"What is the fault of Trivedi who presented a historic
budget and proposed hike in fares for safety and providing
more facilities to passengers travelling by trains across
the country"? said Rajesh Bhatt, president of Kutch Chamber of
Commerce and Industries and Komal Chheda, former president of
Kutch Yuvak Sangh.
"Will it be possible for West Bengal chief minister
Mamata Banerjee to run her government without raising revenues
and hiking taxes"? they said taking a dig at the West Bengal
It is not expected from the leader of the stature of
Mamata Banerjee who has faxed a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh demanding dismissal of Trivedi from the
cabinet, they said.
Mamata had written to the Prime Minister seeking the
replacement of Trivedi with another party nominee Mukul Roy,
Union Minister of State for Shipping.
The local organisations have formed a front under
"Kutchh Lokhit Samiti" in protest against Mamata`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks