FIR against Arvind Kejriwal for violation of model code in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An FIR was lodged against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly violating the Model Code of Conduct by using loud speaker at a public meeting at Gandhidham in Kutch district of Gujarat on Thursday, police said.
"Kejriwal addressed a public rally today at Rishabh Circle of Gandhidham where he used loudspeaker without Election Commission`s permission. This is a breach of Model Code of Conduct, so we lodged an FIR," Superintendent of Police, Dipak Meghani said.
The FIR was lodged under section 188 of IPC (disobeying public servant`s order), Meghani said.
"The whole event was videographed. He addressed the gathering using loud speaker in the presence of election officers," Meghani said, adding "Election Commission permitted us to file FIR against him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you