FIR against Arvind Kejriwal for violation of model code in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: An FIR was lodged against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly violating the Model Code of Conduct by using loud speaker at a public meeting at Gandhidham in Kutch district of Gujarat on Thursday, police said.
"Kejriwal addressed a public rally today at Rishabh Circle of Gandhidham where he used loudspeaker without Election Commission`s permission. This is a breach of Model Code of Conduct, so we lodged an FIR," Superintendent of Police, Dipak Meghani said.
The FIR was lodged under section 188 of IPC (disobeying public servant`s order), Meghani said.
"The whole event was videographed. He addressed the gathering using loud speaker in the presence of election officers," Meghani said, adding "Election Commission permitted us to file FIR against him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog