FIR against suspended IPS officer Bhatt
Ahmedabad: An FIR has been lodged against suspended IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt for allegedly slapping his gunman outside his residence, police said Friday.
However, Bhatt has denied the charge.
According to the complaint registered with Ghatlodia police by Bhatt`s gunman Jignesh Babulal Patel (32), the suspended IPS officer asked Patel to leash his dog in the temporary shed outside his residence on Gurukul road here, last night.
The commando, who was staying near the shed, refused to do the job on the ground that his duty was only to protect him.
Angered by Patel`s rebuttal, Bhatt allegedly slapped him, Ghatlodia police inspector P D Parmar said, adding that they were collecting evidence in the case.
Bhatt has been booked under section 332 of the Indian Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty.
When contacted for his comments, Bhatt said that the incident was news for him.
"I learnt that Patel had registered a complaint against me last night. He was posted recently and not willing to continue here. In the past also, he would try to wriggle out from postings which he didn`t like," Bhatt said, adding that he was writing a letter to city police commissioner in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi