FIR against suspended IPS officer Bhatt
Ahmedabad: An FIR has been lodged against suspended IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt for allegedly slapping his gunman outside his residence, police said Friday.
However, Bhatt has denied the charge.
According to the complaint registered with Ghatlodia police by Bhatt`s gunman Jignesh Babulal Patel (32), the suspended IPS officer asked Patel to leash his dog in the temporary shed outside his residence on Gurukul road here, last night.
The commando, who was staying near the shed, refused to do the job on the ground that his duty was only to protect him.
Angered by Patel`s rebuttal, Bhatt allegedly slapped him, Ghatlodia police inspector P D Parmar said, adding that they were collecting evidence in the case.
Bhatt has been booked under section 332 of the Indian Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty.
When contacted for his comments, Bhatt said that the incident was news for him.
"I learnt that Patel had registered a complaint against me last night. He was posted recently and not willing to continue here. In the past also, he would try to wriggle out from postings which he didn`t like," Bhatt said, adding that he was writing a letter to city police commissioner in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why