FIR against suspended IPS officer Bhatt
Ahmedabad: An FIR has been lodged against suspended IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt for allegedly slapping his gunman outside his residence, police said Friday.
However, Bhatt has denied the charge.
According to the complaint registered with Ghatlodia police by Bhatt`s gunman Jignesh Babulal Patel (32), the suspended IPS officer asked Patel to leash his dog in the temporary shed outside his residence on Gurukul road here, last night.
The commando, who was staying near the shed, refused to do the job on the ground that his duty was only to protect him.
Angered by Patel`s rebuttal, Bhatt allegedly slapped him, Ghatlodia police inspector P D Parmar said, adding that they were collecting evidence in the case.
Bhatt has been booked under section 332 of the Indian Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty.
When contacted for his comments, Bhatt said that the incident was news for him.
"I learnt that Patel had registered a complaint against me last night. He was posted recently and not willing to continue here. In the past also, he would try to wriggle out from postings which he didn`t like," Bhatt said, adding that he was writing a letter to city police commissioner in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!