Four die in rain related incidents in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Four persons including two
children died in rain related incidents in different parts of
the state, even as the weather department forecast heavy rains
over the next two days, district officials said.
Two children, who had gone for a bath in a check dam
at village Ukhalla in Gogha taluka of Bhavnagar district,
drowned as the water level in the dam rose due to heavy rains
in the last two days.
In an another incident, a 25-year-old man was swept
away in a river at Anjesar village in Savli taluka of Vadodara
An elderly person was electrocuted when he came in
contact with an electric poll at Sokhda village today, police
In Mehsana district, six people were rescued while a
three and half year old boy was missing after they fell into
the Rupen river between Bamosana and Piludara village near
here, they said, adding that search for the boy was going on.
The incident took place when a family was returning
in a bullock cart after attending a function.
The weather bureau has forecast moderate to heavy rains
at most places in north and south Gujarat, while many places
in Kutch and Saurashtra are likely to get good rains in the
next 48 hours.
According to the Indian Meteorological Department
(IMD) here, the monsoon was active over Gujarat with upper air
cyclonic circulation persisting over the state and adjoining
The fishermen have been advised not to venture into
the sea tomorrow as the weather was likely to be rough with
winds blowing at the speed of 35-45 kmph and occasionally
reaching upto 55 kmph.
Ports have also been asked to remain alert as the sea
would be rough in the coming 24 hours.
Highest rainfall was recorded in Wadhwan taluka of
Surendranagar district with 129 mm till 1600 hrs today,
followed by Sayla (113mm), Chotila (97mm), Dasada (84mm) and
Muli (84mm). Most parts of Rajkot, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Valsad
and Amreli districts also received good rains during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees