Four die in rain related incidents in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Four persons including two
children died in rain related incidents in different parts of
the state, even as the weather department forecast heavy rains
over the next two days, district officials said.
Two children, who had gone for a bath in a check dam
at village Ukhalla in Gogha taluka of Bhavnagar district,
drowned as the water level in the dam rose due to heavy rains
in the last two days.
In an another incident, a 25-year-old man was swept
away in a river at Anjesar village in Savli taluka of Vadodara
An elderly person was electrocuted when he came in
contact with an electric poll at Sokhda village today, police
In Mehsana district, six people were rescued while a
three and half year old boy was missing after they fell into
the Rupen river between Bamosana and Piludara village near
here, they said, adding that search for the boy was going on.
The incident took place when a family was returning
in a bullock cart after attending a function.
The weather bureau has forecast moderate to heavy rains
at most places in north and south Gujarat, while many places
in Kutch and Saurashtra are likely to get good rains in the
next 48 hours.
According to the Indian Meteorological Department
(IMD) here, the monsoon was active over Gujarat with upper air
cyclonic circulation persisting over the state and adjoining
The fishermen have been advised not to venture into
the sea tomorrow as the weather was likely to be rough with
winds blowing at the speed of 35-45 kmph and occasionally
reaching upto 55 kmph.
Ports have also been asked to remain alert as the sea
would be rough in the coming 24 hours.
Highest rainfall was recorded in Wadhwan taluka of
Surendranagar district with 129 mm till 1600 hrs today,
followed by Sayla (113mm), Chotila (97mm), Dasada (84mm) and
Muli (84mm). Most parts of Rajkot, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Valsad
and Amreli districts also received good rains during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened