Four die in rain related incidents in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Four persons including two
children died in rain related incidents in different parts of
the state, even as the weather department forecast heavy rains
over the next two days, district officials said.
Two children, who had gone for a bath in a check dam
at village Ukhalla in Gogha taluka of Bhavnagar district,
drowned as the water level in the dam rose due to heavy rains
in the last two days.
In an another incident, a 25-year-old man was swept
away in a river at Anjesar village in Savli taluka of Vadodara
An elderly person was electrocuted when he came in
contact with an electric poll at Sokhda village today, police
In Mehsana district, six people were rescued while a
three and half year old boy was missing after they fell into
the Rupen river between Bamosana and Piludara village near
here, they said, adding that search for the boy was going on.
The incident took place when a family was returning
in a bullock cart after attending a function.
The weather bureau has forecast moderate to heavy rains
at most places in north and south Gujarat, while many places
in Kutch and Saurashtra are likely to get good rains in the
next 48 hours.
According to the Indian Meteorological Department
(IMD) here, the monsoon was active over Gujarat with upper air
cyclonic circulation persisting over the state and adjoining
The fishermen have been advised not to venture into
the sea tomorrow as the weather was likely to be rough with
winds blowing at the speed of 35-45 kmph and occasionally
reaching upto 55 kmph.
Ports have also been asked to remain alert as the sea
would be rough in the coming 24 hours.
Highest rainfall was recorded in Wadhwan taluka of
Surendranagar district with 129 mm till 1600 hrs today,
followed by Sayla (113mm), Chotila (97mm), Dasada (84mm) and
Muli (84mm). Most parts of Rajkot, Junagadh, Jamnagar, Valsad
and Amreli districts also received good rains during the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune