Four of family drown in river
Jamnagar: Four members of a family, including two teenage boys, drowned in a river here on Sunday, police said.
Samir Salim (15) and Samir Sattar (17) ventured into Rangmati river to take bath but were swept away by strong current, they said.
Seeing them drowning, Salim`s mother Sarita Salim Ghanchi (35) jumped into the river, followed by her husband Salim Umar Ghanchi (40) to save the boys.
However, all of them drowned.
Their bodies are fished out by rescue teams of Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Samir Sattar was Salim Ghanchi`s nephew, police said, adding the bodies were sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi