Four of family drown in river
Jamnagar: Four members of a family, including two teenage boys, drowned in a river here on Sunday, police said.
Samir Salim (15) and Samir Sattar (17) ventured into Rangmati river to take bath but were swept away by strong current, they said.
Seeing them drowning, Salim`s mother Sarita Salim Ghanchi (35) jumped into the river, followed by her husband Salim Umar Ghanchi (40) to save the boys.
However, all of them drowned.
Their bodies are fished out by rescue teams of Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Samir Sattar was Salim Ghanchi`s nephew, police said, adding the bodies were sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested