Four of family drown in river
Jamnagar: Four members of a family, including two teenage boys, drowned in a river here on Sunday, police said.
Samir Salim (15) and Samir Sattar (17) ventured into Rangmati river to take bath but were swept away by strong current, they said.
Seeing them drowning, Salim`s mother Sarita Salim Ghanchi (35) jumped into the river, followed by her husband Salim Umar Ghanchi (40) to save the boys.
However, all of them drowned.
Their bodies are fished out by rescue teams of Jamnagar Municipal Corporation, police said.
Samir Sattar was Salim Ghanchi`s nephew, police said, adding the bodies were sent for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates