Government official commits suicide by jumping off Gujarat Secretariat building
Ahmedabad: A class-III government official on Monday allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the Gujarat Secretariat building, police said.
Bhikaji Rathod (48), a resident of Vavol village in Gandhinagar district, jumped to death today morning from the New Secretariat building, they said.
Though the exact cause behind his taking the extreme step was yet to be ascertained, his family members informed police that he was undergoing treatment for some brain-related illness for the past few months.
The illness, family members told police, might have forced Rathod to take the extreme step.
No suicide note was recovered from either his work place or home, police said.
Rathod, who worked as a clerk, leaves behind his wife and two children.
The body was handed over to family members after completion of post-mortem, Gandhinagar police said, adding that a case of accidental death has been registered while further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!