Government official commits suicide by jumping off Gujarat Secretariat building
Ahmedabad: A class-III government official on Monday allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the Gujarat Secretariat building, police said.
Bhikaji Rathod (48), a resident of Vavol village in Gandhinagar district, jumped to death today morning from the New Secretariat building, they said.
Though the exact cause behind his taking the extreme step was yet to be ascertained, his family members informed police that he was undergoing treatment for some brain-related illness for the past few months.
The illness, family members told police, might have forced Rathod to take the extreme step.
No suicide note was recovered from either his work place or home, police said.
Rathod, who worked as a clerk, leaves behind his wife and two children.
The body was handed over to family members after completion of post-mortem, Gandhinagar police said, adding that a case of accidental death has been registered while further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway