Guj govt to collaborate with IIM-A for development
Ahmedabad: In a bid to provide impetus to planned development in key sectors, Gujarat government on Monday proposed to set up a core committee in collaboration with the IIM-A.
"We propose to have a core committee in collaboration with IIM-A, including its officials, IIM-A alumni, government officials, and representative from the industry," Principal Secretary (Industry) Maheshwar Sahu said, while speaking at the IIM-A conclave here.
"The government has identified six areas where synergy can be there such as coastal and port-related development, medical services, urban development and multi-modal transport, finance, tourism and education services, between IIM-A and government," Sahu said.
The aim is to have six working groups which could suggest the way forward for development in these sectors, he said.
On development opportunities in the state, Sahu said in the next decade, planned development will take place on 2.50 lakh hectares of land.
The area spreads across 13 Special Investment Regions (SIRs) proposed in the state, of which Dohelar-SIR alone has 80,000 hectares.
The Gujarat government has projected to attract around USD 54 billion of investment along the 38 per cent of the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) stretch passing
through the state, out of the total projected investment of USD 90 billion along the corridor in country.
The Gujarat government through its biennial flagship programme Vibrant Gujarat Summit (VGS) so far has inked MoUs with the industry pledging an investment of USD 367 billion across various sectors, in last four editions of the summit held here.
Giving project details, Sahu said: "Out of the 1,600 large projects, nearly 850 are on stream now which is 43.62 per cent, and in next five years we expect it to touch 60-65 per cent, which is far higher than the national average of project implementation of 20-25 per cent."
According to him, 70 per cent of the projects account for infrastructure development and manufacturing sectors.
"Nearly 1,800 projects in SME segment were signed, of which 76.16 per cent are under implementation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM