Guj porngate: BJP MLA wants mobile phone impounded
Gandhinagar: In the eye of a storm for
allegedly watching porn inside the Gujarat assembly, BJP MLA
Shankar Chaudhary on Monday demanded that the mobile phone used to
capture the act also be impounded and sent for forensic
Chaudhary, MLA from Radhnapur, said this while making
a statement during the discussion on the budgetary demands of
the departments of Social Justice and Empowerment and Sports,
Youth and Cultural activities.
"Like I gave away my iPad for scrutiny on moral
grounds, the mobile phone on which the video recording (of the
two MLAs watching something on iPad) was done should also be
impounded and sent for scrutiny," Chaudhary said.
Pleading innocence, he said, "Satya ko aap pareshan
kar sakte ho, satya ko hara nahi sakte (Truth can be harassed
but not defeated)."
Chaudhary along with BJP MLA from Sehra Jetha Bharwad
are facing a probe by the Privileges Committee of the assembly
for allegedly watching obscene pictures on an iPad during the
proceedings after a journalist from a vernacular newspaper
complained about the incident to the speaker on March 20.
The Speaker had then ordered seizure of the iPad
belonging to Chaudhary and sent it to the Forensic Science
Laboratory for examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere