Guj porngate: BJP MLA wants mobile phone impounded
Gandhinagar: In the eye of a storm for
allegedly watching porn inside the Gujarat assembly, BJP MLA
Shankar Chaudhary on Monday demanded that the mobile phone used to
capture the act also be impounded and sent for forensic
Chaudhary, MLA from Radhnapur, said this while making
a statement during the discussion on the budgetary demands of
the departments of Social Justice and Empowerment and Sports,
Youth and Cultural activities.
"Like I gave away my iPad for scrutiny on moral
grounds, the mobile phone on which the video recording (of the
two MLAs watching something on iPad) was done should also be
impounded and sent for scrutiny," Chaudhary said.
Pleading innocence, he said, "Satya ko aap pareshan
kar sakte ho, satya ko hara nahi sakte (Truth can be harassed
but not defeated)."
Chaudhary along with BJP MLA from Sehra Jetha Bharwad
are facing a probe by the Privileges Committee of the assembly
for allegedly watching obscene pictures on an iPad during the
proceedings after a journalist from a vernacular newspaper
complained about the incident to the speaker on March 20.
The Speaker had then ordered seizure of the iPad
belonging to Chaudhary and sent it to the Forensic Science
Laboratory for examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA