Guj porngate: BJP MLA wants mobile phone impounded
Gandhinagar: In the eye of a storm for
allegedly watching porn inside the Gujarat assembly, BJP MLA
Shankar Chaudhary on Monday demanded that the mobile phone used to
capture the act also be impounded and sent for forensic
Chaudhary, MLA from Radhnapur, said this while making
a statement during the discussion on the budgetary demands of
the departments of Social Justice and Empowerment and Sports,
Youth and Cultural activities.
"Like I gave away my iPad for scrutiny on moral
grounds, the mobile phone on which the video recording (of the
two MLAs watching something on iPad) was done should also be
impounded and sent for scrutiny," Chaudhary said.
Pleading innocence, he said, "Satya ko aap pareshan
kar sakte ho, satya ko hara nahi sakte (Truth can be harassed
but not defeated)."
Chaudhary along with BJP MLA from Sehra Jetha Bharwad
are facing a probe by the Privileges Committee of the assembly
for allegedly watching obscene pictures on an iPad during the
proceedings after a journalist from a vernacular newspaper
complained about the incident to the speaker on March 20.
The Speaker had then ordered seizure of the iPad
belonging to Chaudhary and sent it to the Forensic Science
Laboratory for examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath