Rajkot: A gas leak took place in a private factory in Chorwad village of Junagadh district on Thursday following which around 90 labourers were rushed to hospitals, police said.
"Ninety labourers, working in Gadre Marine Private Ltd in Chorwad village of Junagadh district, were affected after a gas leak in the company. All of them were rushed to various hospitals," Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) AR Kartara said here today.
Some of the workers who suffered nausea, burning in their eyes and severe suffocation due to the gas leak, Kartara said.
The workers affected due to the gas leak were shifted to various hospitals in Keshod, Veraval and Chorwad towns in Junagadh district, Kartara said, adding that all of them are "stable".
The police is yet to ascertain the exact reason behind the leak, he said, adding, further investigation is on.