Gujarat ATS gets Jundal`s custody
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday handed over the custody of 26/11 key handler Abu Jundal to Gujarat ATS in connection with the 2006 train blast at Ahmedabad station in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash handed over Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin`s custody to Gujarat ATS till October 31 for his custodial interrogation in connection with the Karanawati Express blast case.
The order of the court came on a plea by the agency that its application for Jundal`s custody has been kept pending before this court since July 20.
It also informed the court that earlier in the day the National Investigating Agency had produced Jundal before a Sessions court which had remanded him in judicial custody till November 3.
A senior official of Gujarat ATS submitted that since Jundal is no more required to be interrogated by the NIA, his custody can be handed over to them.
Additional Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan also submitted that the Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested Jundal on June 21, has no objection to his custody being given to Gujarat ATS.
"Accused Abu Jundal is shown to be required in Karanawati Express Blast case where he is claimed to be one of the main conspirators and was declared proclaimed offender.
"Hence, the court is of the view that sufficient ground has been made out to give custody of accused namely Syed Zabiuddin to ATS, Ahmedabad, Gujarat for the purpose of investigation of the aforesaid case.
Consequently, the application stands allowed and his custody is directed to be handed over to Gujarat ATS," the CMM said.
The court permitted the agency to take Jundal`s custody from superintendent of Tihar jail and directed the latter to hand him over after proper verification.
The jail authorities were also directed to "provide sufficient police assisstance to Gujarat ATS officials in order to ensure that the accused is taken to Gujarat in proper and safe custody."
The court asked the agency to take Jundal on a plane and produce him before the CMM court there tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far