Gujarat BJP celebrates former PM Vajpayee`s 89th birthday
Vadodara: Public development work worth Rs 24 crore was launched and an Atal Udyaan public garden inaugurated here, on the occasion of veteran BJP leader and former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee`s 89th birthday on Wednesday.
Ceremonies and functions were held to mark the event, attended by Gujarat BJP unit president R C Faldu, Gujarat finance minister Nitin Patel, Gujarat energy minister Saurabh Patel, BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla, city mayor Bharat Shah and other BJP leaders.
Speaking on the occasion, they said Vajpayee as a man of peace had brought harmony between India and Pakistan in his capacity as foreign minister in the Janata Party government in 1976 and during his tenure as India`s tenth prime minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’