Gujarat HC to hear three election petitions
Ahmedabad: Election of two BJP MLAs and a Congress legislation has been challenged before the Gujarat High Court.
Election of Congress`s Shailesh Parmar from Danilimda seat in Ahmedabad (reserved for SC) has been challenged by rival candidate Girishchandra Parmar, who had switched to BJP just before the polls. "We have demanded disqualification of Shailesh Parmar on the grounds that he provided illegal caste certificate to the Election Commission," said advocate C B Upadhyay, representing Girish Parmar.
"Shailesh Parmar`s 2009 caste certificate was challenged, the matter is still pending before the high court, but he obtained new certificate in 2012 and submitted it. This is illegal," the petition says.
Congress candidate Amrsi Vasava from Dediyapada in Narmada district has challenged the election of BJP`s Motilal Vasava. The petition, filed through advocate Bela Prajapati, contends that BJP candidate`s election expenditure exceeded the prescribed limit of Rs 16 lakh.
The third petition, filed by an independent candidate Hasmukh Patel, has challenged the election of BJP`s Shankar Chaudhary from Vav, Banaskantha district.
Hearing is expected soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended