Gujarat HC to hear three election petitions
Ahmedabad: Election of two BJP MLAs and a Congress legislation has been challenged before the Gujarat High Court.
Election of Congress`s Shailesh Parmar from Danilimda seat in Ahmedabad (reserved for SC) has been challenged by rival candidate Girishchandra Parmar, who had switched to BJP just before the polls. "We have demanded disqualification of Shailesh Parmar on the grounds that he provided illegal caste certificate to the Election Commission," said advocate C B Upadhyay, representing Girish Parmar.
"Shailesh Parmar`s 2009 caste certificate was challenged, the matter is still pending before the high court, but he obtained new certificate in 2012 and submitted it. This is illegal," the petition says.
Congress candidate Amrsi Vasava from Dediyapada in Narmada district has challenged the election of BJP`s Motilal Vasava. The petition, filed through advocate Bela Prajapati, contends that BJP candidate`s election expenditure exceeded the prescribed limit of Rs 16 lakh.
The third petition, filed by an independent candidate Hasmukh Patel, has challenged the election of BJP`s Shankar Chaudhary from Vav, Banaskantha district.
Hearing is expected soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III