Gujarat: Man gets life imprisonment for raping minor
Vadodara: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl in Ankleshwar town near here.
Additional Sessions Judge N N Naik on Saturday sentenced Jaykant Jago Mandal to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping the nine-year-old girl in GIDC locality last year.
The judge also handed three-year rigorous imprisonment to Mandal`s friend Mithileshram besides slapping a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for destroying evidences and attempting to rape the victim.
The victim`s mother had lodged a police complaint that the duo had allegedly lured her daughter with a packet of biscuits and took her to a room where they raped her.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'