Gujarat: Man gets life imprisonment for raping minor
Vadodara: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl in Ankleshwar town near here.
Additional Sessions Judge N N Naik on Saturday sentenced Jaykant Jago Mandal to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping the nine-year-old girl in GIDC locality last year.
The judge also handed three-year rigorous imprisonment to Mandal`s friend Mithileshram besides slapping a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for destroying evidences and attempting to rape the victim.
The victim`s mother had lodged a police complaint that the duo had allegedly lured her daughter with a packet of biscuits and took her to a room where they raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...