Gujarat: Man gets life imprisonment for raping minor
Vadodara: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl in Ankleshwar town near here.
Additional Sessions Judge N N Naik on Saturday sentenced Jaykant Jago Mandal to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping the nine-year-old girl in GIDC locality last year.
The judge also handed three-year rigorous imprisonment to Mandal`s friend Mithileshram besides slapping a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for destroying evidences and attempting to rape the victim.
The victim`s mother had lodged a police complaint that the duo had allegedly lured her daughter with a packet of biscuits and took her to a room where they raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'