Gujarat: Man gets life imprisonment for raping minor
Vadodara: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl in Ankleshwar town near here.
Additional Sessions Judge N N Naik on Saturday sentenced Jaykant Jago Mandal to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping the nine-year-old girl in GIDC locality last year.
The judge also handed three-year rigorous imprisonment to Mandal`s friend Mithileshram besides slapping a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for destroying evidences and attempting to rape the victim.
The victim`s mother had lodged a police complaint that the duo had allegedly lured her daughter with a packet of biscuits and took her to a room where they raped her.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17