Gujarat: Man gets life imprisonment for raping minor
Vadodara: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for raping a minor girl in Ankleshwar town near here.
Additional Sessions Judge N N Naik on Saturday sentenced Jaykant Jago Mandal to life imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 for raping the nine-year-old girl in GIDC locality last year.
The judge also handed three-year rigorous imprisonment to Mandal`s friend Mithileshram besides slapping a fine of Rs 5,000 on him for destroying evidences and attempting to rape the victim.
The victim`s mother had lodged a police complaint that the duo had allegedly lured her daughter with a packet of biscuits and took her to a room where they raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress