`Gujarat now considered role model for development`
Dahod(Guj): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said that Gujarat is now considered as a role-model
for development and even the opposition Congress has
"Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit taking about us
recently said that time and again we are getting re-elected
due to our record of developmental work," Modi said at the end
of his day-long Sadbhavna fast here.
"The Gujarat Congress pullout (advertisement) also
accepted the developmental work carried out in the state by
us," Modi further said.
"It has been established by now that Gujarat has
developed as a state and it has become a role-model for
development in the country. The statements by our opponents
prove it," Modi further said.
Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit addressing a
function on Tuesday in Agra had said, "I am not talking about
party. There is no two opinion that development is taking
place in Gujarat and (because of that) government gets
re-elected. Why governments get re-elected. Why they come
again and again. Because they ensure development."
Later Dikshit clarified that she had not praised Modi.
The Congress pullout on Republic Day issued in some
parts of the state had also praised Modi for his developmental
"Development of Gujarat has now become an issue of hot
discussion in the country. Gujarat and development have
become synonymous with each other. Gujarat has emerged as a
power surplus state, though it does not have any coalfield,"
Modi also came down heavily on the union Government,
by saying, "The UPA government at the centre has damaged the
image of the nation in the world with a series of scams.
Modi announced a development package of Rs 1500 crore
for the all round development of Dahod district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly