Gujarat police also seek custody of Abu Jundal
Ahmedabad: Gujarat police have sought the custody of suspected terrorist Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal, arrested on June 21 at IGI airport in Delhi, as he is wanted in two cases being probed by the state Anti-terrorism Squad.
"We were the first one to disclose his name. Our ATS is in touch with Delhi police to bring Jundal here, we have formally put in our request," Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh said here.
Jundal, who was allegedly involved in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, is wanted by Gujarat ATS in connection with the 2006 blast at Kalupur railway station. The other case from Gujarat against him pertains to his role in recruiting youths from state for terror training camps.
"First this man shall be with the Delhi police, thereafter with Mumbai police and afterwards we will bring him to Gujarat," Singh told reporters here.
"He shall be brought in connection with a blast case at Kalupur railway station, and his role in recruiting youths and sending them to become terrorists," he said.
In February 2006, a blast at the Kalupur railway station in the state had left 25 people injured.
According to Gujarat police, the blast was carried out by LeT, to take revenge for Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!