Gujarat police also seek custody of Abu Jundal
Ahmedabad: Gujarat police have sought the custody of suspected terrorist Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal, arrested on June 21 at IGI airport in Delhi, as he is wanted in two cases being probed by the state Anti-terrorism Squad.
"We were the first one to disclose his name. Our ATS is in touch with Delhi police to bring Jundal here, we have formally put in our request," Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh said here.
Jundal, who was allegedly involved in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, is wanted by Gujarat ATS in connection with the 2006 blast at Kalupur railway station. The other case from Gujarat against him pertains to his role in recruiting youths from state for terror training camps.
"First this man shall be with the Delhi police, thereafter with Mumbai police and afterwards we will bring him to Gujarat," Singh told reporters here.
"He shall be brought in connection with a blast case at Kalupur railway station, and his role in recruiting youths and sending them to become terrorists," he said.
In February 2006, a blast at the Kalupur railway station in the state had left 25 people injured.
According to Gujarat police, the blast was carried out by LeT, to take revenge for Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley