Gujarat police also seek custody of Abu Jundal
Ahmedabad: Gujarat police have sought the custody of suspected terrorist Syed Zabiuddin alias Abu Jundal, arrested on June 21 at IGI airport in Delhi, as he is wanted in two cases being probed by the state Anti-terrorism Squad.
"We were the first one to disclose his name. Our ATS is in touch with Delhi police to bring Jundal here, we have formally put in our request," Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh said here.
Jundal, who was allegedly involved in 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, is wanted by Gujarat ATS in connection with the 2006 blast at Kalupur railway station. The other case from Gujarat against him pertains to his role in recruiting youths from state for terror training camps.
"First this man shall be with the Delhi police, thereafter with Mumbai police and afterwards we will bring him to Gujarat," Singh told reporters here.
"He shall be brought in connection with a blast case at Kalupur railway station, and his role in recruiting youths and sending them to become terrorists," he said.
In February 2006, a blast at the Kalupur railway station in the state had left 25 people injured.
According to Gujarat police, the blast was carried out by LeT, to take revenge for Gujarat riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack