Hearing on Narayan Sai’s bail plea deferred till Oct 18
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: A local court here on Thursday further deferred to October 18 (Friday) the hearing on bail plea of self-styled godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai in a sexual assault case by two sisters against the father-son duo.
Sai still remains absconding and the Gujarat police are still clueless about his whereabouts and have issued a look-out notice for him.
Earlier, giving details about Asaram’s absconding son, Surat Commissioner of Police Rakesh Asthana said that the police will move court for a non-bailable warrant against Sai.
Asthana further said that Sai is in India, but keeps changing his location.
Earlier on October 15, the hearing on anticipatory bail plea of Sai was adjourned with Additional sessions judge PP Shah giving time of two days to the prosecution to present their arguments.
The Gujarat police are still clueless about Sai`s whereabouts and have issued a look-out notice for him.
Surat Police recently registered two cases - one against Asaram and another against his son - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other offences upon the complaint filed by two sisters.
While the elder sister has accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault when she was living at his Ahmedabad ashram during 1997 to 2006, the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of same offence when she was living at Asaram`s ashram here between 2002 and 2005.
72-year-old Asaram and his son have already moved the Gujarat High Court to get the complaints quashed.
Asaram was arrested in August on the charge of sexually assaulting a minor girl at Jodhpur, and has been in prison there since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared