Hearing on Narayan Sai’s bail plea deferred till Oct 18
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: A local court here on Thursday further deferred to October 18 (Friday) the hearing on bail plea of self-styled godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai in a sexual assault case by two sisters against the father-son duo.
Sai still remains absconding and the Gujarat police are still clueless about his whereabouts and have issued a look-out notice for him.
Earlier, giving details about Asaram’s absconding son, Surat Commissioner of Police Rakesh Asthana said that the police will move court for a non-bailable warrant against Sai.
Asthana further said that Sai is in India, but keeps changing his location.
Earlier on October 15, the hearing on anticipatory bail plea of Sai was adjourned with Additional sessions judge PP Shah giving time of two days to the prosecution to present their arguments.
The Gujarat police are still clueless about Sai`s whereabouts and have issued a look-out notice for him.
Surat Police recently registered two cases - one against Asaram and another against his son - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other offences upon the complaint filed by two sisters.
While the elder sister has accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault when she was living at his Ahmedabad ashram during 1997 to 2006, the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of same offence when she was living at Asaram`s ashram here between 2002 and 2005.
72-year-old Asaram and his son have already moved the Gujarat High Court to get the complaints quashed.
Asaram was arrested in August on the charge of sexually assaulting a minor girl at Jodhpur, and has been in prison there since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report