IPS Chudasama`s bail plea rejected in Sohrabuddin case
Ahmedabad: A local court today rejected
interim bail plea of IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, arrested in
the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, agreeing with
CBI`s argument that his release would hamper probe.
Chudasama had applied for interim bail last month to
undergo hip replacement surgery.
Judge G K Upadhyay, while rejecting Chudasama`s plea,
agreed with the CBI`s contention that the accused, if given
bail, would hamper inquiry which was at a very crucial stage.
The Central probe agency further contended that they
have enough proof that Chudasama had earlier tampered with
evidence and influenced witnesses.
The court also disallowed Chudasama from undergoing
surgery at a private hospital. It noted that hip replacement
facility was available at the Government Civil Hospital, and
since Chudasama was an undertrial, he was eligible to receive
treatment as per rules and regulation of the jail.
At one stage during the hearing on the bail plea, CBI
agreed to allow Chudasama to undergo hip replacement at a
private hospital. But the probe agency demanded the IPS
officer should not be allowed to meet anybody accept his
family members and doctors.
Chudasama is one of the four IPS officers held for the
fake encounter of Sheikh, a suspected gangster, and alleged
murder of his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued