IPS Chudasama`s bail plea rejected in Sohrabuddin case
Ahmedabad: A local court today rejected
interim bail plea of IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, arrested in
the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, agreeing with
CBI`s argument that his release would hamper probe.
Chudasama had applied for interim bail last month to
undergo hip replacement surgery.
Judge G K Upadhyay, while rejecting Chudasama`s plea,
agreed with the CBI`s contention that the accused, if given
bail, would hamper inquiry which was at a very crucial stage.
The Central probe agency further contended that they
have enough proof that Chudasama had earlier tampered with
evidence and influenced witnesses.
The court also disallowed Chudasama from undergoing
surgery at a private hospital. It noted that hip replacement
facility was available at the Government Civil Hospital, and
since Chudasama was an undertrial, he was eligible to receive
treatment as per rules and regulation of the jail.
At one stage during the hearing on the bail plea, CBI
agreed to allow Chudasama to undergo hip replacement at a
private hospital. But the probe agency demanded the IPS
officer should not be allowed to meet anybody accept his
family members and doctors.
Chudasama is one of the four IPS officers held for the
fake encounter of Sheikh, a suspected gangster, and alleged
murder of his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown