IPS Chudasama`s bail plea rejected in Sohrabuddin case
Ahmedabad: A local court today rejected
interim bail plea of IPS officer Abhay Chudasama, arrested in
the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, agreeing with
CBI`s argument that his release would hamper probe.
Chudasama had applied for interim bail last month to
undergo hip replacement surgery.
Judge G K Upadhyay, while rejecting Chudasama`s plea,
agreed with the CBI`s contention that the accused, if given
bail, would hamper inquiry which was at a very crucial stage.
The Central probe agency further contended that they
have enough proof that Chudasama had earlier tampered with
evidence and influenced witnesses.
The court also disallowed Chudasama from undergoing
surgery at a private hospital. It noted that hip replacement
facility was available at the Government Civil Hospital, and
since Chudasama was an undertrial, he was eligible to receive
treatment as per rules and regulation of the jail.
At one stage during the hearing on the bail plea, CBI
agreed to allow Chudasama to undergo hip replacement at a
private hospital. But the probe agency demanded the IPS
officer should not be allowed to meet anybody accept his
family members and doctors.
Chudasama is one of the four IPS officers held for the
fake encounter of Sheikh, a suspected gangster, and alleged
murder of his wife Kausar Bi in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next