Ishrat case order won`t affect our morale: Guj DGP
Rajkot: Gujarat Director General of Police,
Chitranjan Singh, on Friday said that High Court`s decision to
hand over the probe of Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case to CBI
will not affect morale of the state police.
"I don`t think the Gujarat High Court decision will
demoralise Gujarat police," Singh said, talking to reporters
A division bench of High Court passed the order
"I have not read the copy of the judgement and I will
decide what can be done in this matter," Singh said, when
asked about the state police`s stand. "If there is any
provision for appeal, we will do it."
He conceded that the fear that criminals had of the
police force had somewhat diminished after a number of
officials of state police went to jail in fake encounter
Talking about security, he said police had made special
arrangements for the security at prominent temples including
Somnath, Dakor and Dwarka, and CCTV networks would be
installed there. A special post of Dy SP had been created for
Somnath, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal