Ishrat`s mother wants SIT to file FIR against 22 Guj policemen
Ahmedabad: Mother of Ishrat Jahan on Monday filed an application before the special investigation team
(SIT) probing the case, demanding a fresh FIR to be filed
against 22 officers of Gujarat police.
Shamima Kausar, along with her lawyer Vrinda Grover today
submitted the application to SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish
"We have demanded that fresh FIR be filed against 22
officers named in magistrate S P Tamnag`s report as the SIT
now had enough evidence to conclude that Ishrat was killed as
part of a conspiracy," Grover said.
She said the SIT have collected enough evidence in form
of statements, postmortem reports and FSL reports to at least
file an FIR against the police officers involved in Ishrat`s
fake encounter in 2004.
In the application Kausar has demanded that FIR be filed
for conspiracy, murder, abduction, illegal confinement,
fabrication of evidence against 22 senior police officers of
Gujarat. Kausar has also sought to include name of police
officer Parikshita Gurjar who had investigated the encounter
and concluded that it was genuine.
Grover further alleged that SIT member Jha talked
aggressively with her client Kausar when she asked about when
she could expect a response to her application. "My client is
still shaken by Jha`s behaviour," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'