Ishrat`s mother wants SIT to file FIR against 22 Guj policemen
Ahmedabad: Mother of Ishrat Jahan on Monday filed an application before the special investigation team
(SIT) probing the case, demanding a fresh FIR to be filed
against 22 officers of Gujarat police.
Shamima Kausar, along with her lawyer Vrinda Grover today
submitted the application to SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish
"We have demanded that fresh FIR be filed against 22
officers named in magistrate S P Tamnag`s report as the SIT
now had enough evidence to conclude that Ishrat was killed as
part of a conspiracy," Grover said.
She said the SIT have collected enough evidence in form
of statements, postmortem reports and FSL reports to at least
file an FIR against the police officers involved in Ishrat`s
fake encounter in 2004.
In the application Kausar has demanded that FIR be filed
for conspiracy, murder, abduction, illegal confinement,
fabrication of evidence against 22 senior police officers of
Gujarat. Kausar has also sought to include name of police
officer Parikshita Gurjar who had investigated the encounter
and concluded that it was genuine.
Grover further alleged that SIT member Jha talked
aggressively with her client Kausar when she asked about when
she could expect a response to her application. "My client is
still shaken by Jha`s behaviour," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?