Jodhpur police to file chargesheet against Asaram tomorrow
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram was on Friday produced before the Jodhpur sessions court, which extended his police custody for one more day till Saturday.
Asaram was brought back to Jodhpur from Surat on Tuesday night.
He was taken to Ahmedabad by Gujarat Police for questioning in a sexual assault case against him and his son Narayan Sai.
Jodhpur Police will file its chargesheet against Asaram in the sessions court tomorrow. Asaram has been accused of rape, sexual assault and illegal confinementby two Surat-based sisters.
His son, Narayan Sai, who is still absconding, has also been named in the chargesheet.
Asaram had been lodged in Jodhpur jail since August in another sexual assault case before he was brought to Ahmedabad on October 15 after Gujarat Police produced a production warrant against him and was granted Asaram`s custody by Jodhpur sessions court.
However, the court had also ruled that he would have to be produced on scheduled hearings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram