Jodhpur police to file chargesheet against Asaram tomorrow
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: Controversial godman Asaram was on Friday produced before the Jodhpur sessions court, which extended his police custody for one more day till Saturday.
Asaram was brought back to Jodhpur from Surat on Tuesday night.
He was taken to Ahmedabad by Gujarat Police for questioning in a sexual assault case against him and his son Narayan Sai.
Jodhpur Police will file its chargesheet against Asaram in the sessions court tomorrow. Asaram has been accused of rape, sexual assault and illegal confinementby two Surat-based sisters.
His son, Narayan Sai, who is still absconding, has also been named in the chargesheet.
Asaram had been lodged in Jodhpur jail since August in another sexual assault case before he was brought to Ahmedabad on October 15 after Gujarat Police produced a production warrant against him and was granted Asaram`s custody by Jodhpur sessions court.
However, the court had also ruled that he would have to be produced on scheduled hearings.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why