Lightening, rough sea claim two lives in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died along the
coastal area near Jamnagar today due to lightning and
turbulent sea even as the cyclone `Phet` stood stationary
about 1,050 km off Gujarat coast, police said.
In the first incident, one Laxman Tarsinhbhai (29) of
Amra village died after being struck by lightning, they said.
While one Shabbir Jusab (35) drowned after being
engulfed in the turbulent water of the Arabian Sea near
Meanwhile, the district administration here today
convened a meeting to discuss the preparedness of the
authorities in the wake of cyclone `Phet`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them