Lightening, rough sea claim two lives in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died along the
coastal area near Jamnagar today due to lightning and
turbulent sea even as the cyclone `Phet` stood stationary
about 1,050 km off Gujarat coast, police said.
In the first incident, one Laxman Tarsinhbhai (29) of
Amra village died after being struck by lightning, they said.
While one Shabbir Jusab (35) drowned after being
engulfed in the turbulent water of the Arabian Sea near
Meanwhile, the district administration here today
convened a meeting to discuss the preparedness of the
authorities in the wake of cyclone `Phet`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city