Lightening, rough sea claim two lives in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died along the
coastal area near Jamnagar today due to lightning and
turbulent sea even as the cyclone `Phet` stood stationary
about 1,050 km off Gujarat coast, police said.
In the first incident, one Laxman Tarsinhbhai (29) of
Amra village died after being struck by lightning, they said.
While one Shabbir Jusab (35) drowned after being
engulfed in the turbulent water of the Arabian Sea near
Meanwhile, the district administration here today
convened a meeting to discuss the preparedness of the
authorities in the wake of cyclone `Phet`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands