Lightening, rough sea claim two lives in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died along the
coastal area near Jamnagar today due to lightning and
turbulent sea even as the cyclone `Phet` stood stationary
about 1,050 km off Gujarat coast, police said.
In the first incident, one Laxman Tarsinhbhai (29) of
Amra village died after being struck by lightning, they said.
While one Shabbir Jusab (35) drowned after being
engulfed in the turbulent water of the Arabian Sea near
Meanwhile, the district administration here today
convened a meeting to discuss the preparedness of the
authorities in the wake of cyclone `Phet`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter