Lightning kills three in Gujarat
Rajkot: Three persons including a woman,
were killed in lightning as heavy rains lashed Saurashtra region of Gujarat since yesterday, police said Monday.
Pala Kodiyatar (45) was killed when lightning struck
him in Billeshwar town of Porbandar district, they said.
In a similar incident, Jayesh Vasava (33) was killed in Jetalsar town of Rajkot district.
Also, a woman identified as Vasant Vekariya (30) was
working in a field when she was struck by lightning in
Nagvadar town of Rajkot, police said.
Two others sustained burn injuries due to lightning.
The entire Saurashtra region received moderate to hevy
rains in past 24 hours, MET sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma