Lightning kills three in Gujarat
Rajkot: Three persons including a woman,
were killed in lightning as heavy rains lashed Saurashtra region of Gujarat since yesterday, police said Monday.
Pala Kodiyatar (45) was killed when lightning struck
him in Billeshwar town of Porbandar district, they said.
In a similar incident, Jayesh Vasava (33) was killed in Jetalsar town of Rajkot district.
Also, a woman identified as Vasant Vekariya (30) was
working in a field when she was struck by lightning in
Nagvadar town of Rajkot, police said.
Two others sustained burn injuries due to lightning.
The entire Saurashtra region received moderate to hevy
rains in past 24 hours, MET sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!