Lightning kills three in Gujarat
Rajkot: Three persons including a woman,
were killed in lightning as heavy rains lashed Saurashtra region of Gujarat since yesterday, police said Monday.
Pala Kodiyatar (45) was killed when lightning struck
him in Billeshwar town of Porbandar district, they said.
In a similar incident, Jayesh Vasava (33) was killed in Jetalsar town of Rajkot district.
Also, a woman identified as Vasant Vekariya (30) was
working in a field when she was struck by lightning in
Nagvadar town of Rajkot, police said.
Two others sustained burn injuries due to lightning.
The entire Saurashtra region received moderate to hevy
rains in past 24 hours, MET sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Atlanta Healthcare introduces military grade anti-pollution masks
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official