Lightning kills three in Gujarat
Rajkot: Three persons including a woman,
were killed in lightning as heavy rains lashed Saurashtra region of Gujarat since yesterday, police said Monday.
Pala Kodiyatar (45) was killed when lightning struck
him in Billeshwar town of Porbandar district, they said.
In a similar incident, Jayesh Vasava (33) was killed in Jetalsar town of Rajkot district.
Also, a woman identified as Vasant Vekariya (30) was
working in a field when she was struck by lightning in
Nagvadar town of Rajkot, police said.
Two others sustained burn injuries due to lightning.
The entire Saurashtra region received moderate to hevy
rains in past 24 hours, MET sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi