Lightning kills three in Gujarat
Rajkot: Three persons including a woman,
were killed in lightning as heavy rains lashed Saurashtra region of Gujarat since yesterday, police said Monday.
Pala Kodiyatar (45) was killed when lightning struck
him in Billeshwar town of Porbandar district, they said.
In a similar incident, Jayesh Vasava (33) was killed in Jetalsar town of Rajkot district.
Also, a woman identified as Vasant Vekariya (30) was
working in a field when she was struck by lightning in
Nagvadar town of Rajkot, police said.
Two others sustained burn injuries due to lightning.
The entire Saurashtra region received moderate to hevy
rains in past 24 hours, MET sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!