Married housewife gang-raped by four in Surat, 3 held
Surat: A married housewife (35) was allegedly gang-raped by four men in the Pandesara area of the city here on Sunday, after which the police has nabbed three of them, sources said.
"The four accused had raped the victim in the wee hours when she was alone in her house, since her husband was at his job location," Pandesara police inspector VG Patel said.
"All the accused were in an inebriated condition when they raped the women.
They also threatened her with dire consequences if she revealed anything to anybody," he said.
"The victim informed her husband about the incident and later with his help, she lodged an FIR in Pandesara police station in Surat," Patel said.
"Acting upon the complaint, we arrested three out of the four accused, while one of the accused is absconding," Patel said.
"The three accused have been identified as Arjun Dodiya Patel, Neela alias Neelu Gaur and Teenu Patra, against whom the police registered a case under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code," he said.
"The accused are natives of Orissa who have been doing petty jobs in different areas of Surat," Patel said, adding that a preliminary inquiry has revealed that the accused may be known to the victim`s family, though it has not been established yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore