Minor gangrape victim dies after attempting suicide in Surat
Surat: A minor girl who attempted suicide by
setting herself ablaze last week, after being allegedly
gangraped by two men, succumbed to burn injuries on Friday at the
civil hospital here, police said.
The 15-year-old victim was admitted to the civil hospital
after she set herself ablaze last Friday at her house in
Dindoli area of the city and suffered serious burn injuries in
upper part of the body.
According to police, the victim died due to burns this
morning in the burns ward of the civil hospital.
As per the police complaint filed by the girl`s parents
last week, two men Ranjit Choudhary (26) and Ravi (20) had
allegedly kidnapped the girl from school and took her to an
secluded place outside the city, and raped her repeatedly for
a couple of days and then left her on railway track near
However, Police said the medical examination of the girl
showed that she was not raped or sexually assaulted.
They said that with the death of the girl today, facts of
the incident need to be verified for which investigation was
on. The two men are in police custody after being arrested and
are being interrogated, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living