Minor girl allegedly raped in CRPF camp in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) constable was arrested today on charges of allegedly raping a minor girl in Gandhinagar, the police said here on Wednesday.
The incident took place at a CRPF camp in Chiloda late last night, the police said.
A rape complaint was registered against Sanjay Ghame, police said, adding that he was booked under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The police said that he would be produced in court to seek further remand.
The girl informed her relative about the incident who then registered a complaint with the police, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui