Minors raped by relatives in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Three incidents of rape, all involving relatives as accused and victims who are minors, were reported from Gujarat on Monday, police said.
In the first incident reported from Danilimda area in Ahmadabad, a 14-year-old girl registered a rape complaint against her father at Danilimda police station here, they said.
According to the girl, her 42-year-old father had raped her a month ago.
Yesterday again, he attempted to sexually exploit him following which she informed the matter to her neighbour, who informed the police.
The man has been arrested and a case under various IPC sections has been registered against him.
In the second incident that took place at Kutiyana taluka of Porbandar district, a man allegedly raped his 17-year-old sister-in-law five months ago.
According to police, the man was assisted in the crime by his wife. The accused had also threatened to kill the victim if she reports the matter to police and also aborted her baby.
The couple has been booked under various IPC sections. However, no arrest has been made so far.
In the third incident, a man registered a rape complaint against one of his relatives for sexually exploiting his 16- year-old daughter at Bhuj taluka of Kutch district, police said.
According to the police complaint, the girl`s uncle took her to a lonely place and raped her.
A case has been registered against the man, who is absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you